I bought the smallest pumpkin they had in the store and still I had pumpkin left after the fries... so.. yeah, pumpkin soup it is! :p
This soup is actually very healthy like the potato soups Chinese moms make! :)
- 1 kg pumpkin (cut in medium parts)
- 1,25 liter of boiled water
- 2,5 scoops of no msg added chicken powder from Knorr for the stock
- 2 medium onions, cut in parts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- half red pepper without the seeds
- a bit of olive oil to fry the onion and garlic
First fry the onions, red pepper and garlic in a large pan, add the boiled water and the chicken powder with the pumpkin parts.
That's it! The only thing you have to do now is wait till the pumpkin is soft, you can mash the pumpkin parts with a mixer, but I like the soup with a bite!
oh, the green stuff in the picture is kale... I wanted to add parsely, but didn't had any at home haha It tasted good though!