The first time I ate this was at Din Tai Fung and it was deliciousss! But then I'm back in this cold country and if you don't know where you can eat this, you make it yourself! Right?
This dish is with salted egg yolks, but can easily eaten without (only step 2 till 7!). This is the only recipe I found on the internet and it's the same on every website. I am just going to copy paste the recipe here, all credits goes to the creator ofcourse.
1 small pumpkin (about 400-500g)
3 salted egg yolks
1 small fresh egg
¼ tsp of salt and pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour for coating
Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Steam the duck salted egg yolks for 8-10 minutes. Crush the egg yolks with a folk for later use.
- Peel and remove the seeds from the pumpkin, and also remove the fibrous layer beneath.
- Cut pumpkin thinly into the size of fries.
- Mix the pumpkin with the small egg, salt and pepper, leave it for 10-20 minutes.
- Coat the pumpkin fries evenly with flour.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot, fry the pumpkin pieces until a golden colour.
- Remove the pumpkin fries from the pan and drain excess oil with paper towels.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a pan; add in the crushed salted egg yolks.
- Stir fry the salted egg yolks until they are light and fluffy. (They should start foaming).
- Add in the pumpkin fries and stir well with the egg yolk.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy your weekend!